About Me

My photo
“ Basketball is my passion“ Coaching is where I feel at peace with all things. Coaching to me is not about winning and losing but rather about development and seeing the improvement throughout the years. I hope my years of experience will allow me to share some wisdom with other lovers of the game of Basketball. Twitter : @nextgenballer Instagram : @nextgenerationballer

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Why play sports ?

A lot of people preach about playing sports for the “Fun of It”, but is that the only reasons for youth to be involved in sports. Quite honesty, I think yes it is !!!!

I was recently reading an article which outlined some other benefits of playing sports ;
“Research or studies have found that kids, especially girls who play sports tend to have a positive body-image and high self-esteem. Kids involved in sports are less likely to take drugs or smoke because they realize the impact that these destructive activities can have upon their performance. Girls who play sports are also less likely to become pregnant

Statistics show that kids who are involved in sports while in high school are more likely to experience academic success and graduate from high school. Playing sports improves the Math skills in children. Sports help to build leadership skills, sportsman spirit, and teamwork. Sports can also give children a sense of pride and accomplishment. Moreover, they can make good friends with people having similar or same interests.

A very important benefit of playing sports is that it makes a person happy. It has been found that exercising or playing sports leads to the production of happiness molecules in your body. Hence, sports generate positive or constructive energy.

Need I say more ?

2 comments:

  1. MR> ROMANY YOUR SITE ROCKS THE WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the best Supply teacher ever

    ReplyDelete